Orthodontic treatment is one the best investments you can make in your health and your appearance – at any age! And as more and more adults seek orthodontic treatment for subtle or transformative changes, we find it essential to offer effective and efficient treatment options specifically designed for our adult patients.
Dr. Berndt has incredible experience treating adult patients. Our collaborative approach allows Dr. Berndt to develop customized treatment plans, for your orthodontic and personal dental goals. It also allows our team to work closely with our patient’s dental team, which always includes the general dentist and may involve other dental specialist(s).
There are a few aspects of adult treatment that are important to understand:
- Our orthodontist can no longer can take advantage of growth and dental development
- Periodontal (gum and bone) problems may need to be considered when planning treatment
- Many adults have pre-existing restorations or desire new restorations to improve the appearance of their teeth
- Many adults present with abnormal wear from their current bite or grinding/clenching
- Joint problems (TMD) or pain may exist
These factors shouldn’t discourage any adult patients from seeking treatment. In fact, orthodontic treatment can often help reduce conditions in the mouth that may lead to tooth decay, gum and bone loss, irregular wear of the teeth, and joint problems. Additionally, we can address jaw alignment, prepare for future restorations and/or implants.
It’s never too late to realize the benefits to your health and your appearance! If you’re considering orthodontic treatment, or your dentist has recommended that we see you for an orthodontic examination, we encourage you to call our office and schedule a complimentary initial examination.